Araneta City tackles mental health struggles, coping mechanisms in virtual talk
Araneta City, the City of Firsts, joins the worldwide celebration of Mental Health Awareness Day on Sunday, October 10, with an online discussion about the timely issue of mental health.
As the spread of COVID-19 persists, the impacts of the pandemic continue to take a toll on everyone's well-being. Mental health challenges remain a crucial issue as more people experience stress, anxiety, and other mental health-related concerns due to the lingering crisis.
Two mental health advocates -- Binibining Araneta City 2021 Francesca Taruc and registered psychologist JB Bacaoco -- engage in a motivating discussion to shed light on the issue of mental health. Among the topics discussed include:
- managing someone with mental health needs;
- overcoming your own mental health battles;
- facing other people and the usual everyday activities when you know you are not okay;
- understanding and embrace what you are going through; and
- turning mental health struggles into something positive.
This special virtual talk will air for free on the YouTube channel of Araneta City. Everyone is invited to watch and learn some helpful pointers from the online discussion.